My Stargate projects

Darksyde

I wanted to share a side project I have been working on occasionally, a 12' Stargate with front and back sides. The individual pieces are all CNC cut out of HDU. I painted one chevron just to see how it looked, and got it signed by Rachel Luttrell and Christopher Judge. I am going to start working on scaled down sections. I figured a smaller section hanging on a wall or on a shelf would look cool. Let me know what you guys think.

stargate-1.jpg

photo.jpg

1E2089EF-5B0F-497A-9B62-9B9A5B8EBB36-6144-00000FD65580CB07.jpg

D3F5F833-68B7-4732-B189-E0DBD038BCB4-6144-00000FD65DC7B26A.jpg

Looks good, but what's with the ring not having the symbols? Or is that the back and I'm just not as big a fan as I thought I was?

Looks good, but what's with the ring not having the symbols? Or is that the back and I'm just not as big a fan as I thought I was?

That is the back. I thought I had pics of the front here at work but I can't find them. I will post some of the front later so you can see the symbols.

Where did you get the model, or did you model it yourself? I've been meaning to design one, but never get around to it.

What kind of router do you have?

Where did you get the model, or did you model it yourself? I've been meaning to design one, but never get around to it.

What kind of router do you have?

A good friend of mine did the modeling, and he has the table in his garage. He picked up a 3D printer a few weeks ago as well. I'm not sure of the brand of the table, but I will check when I go by this weekend.

Cool, check his printer too as I'm always interested in knowing people with means. I've got a CNC milling machine if you guys need anything in metal that the router can't handle.

holy crap that is friggin awesome. Filled with so much want right now. I'd love to have this in my home in a big way. Hope you decide to make copies for us to enjoy.

holy crap that is friggin awesome. Filled with so much want right now. I'd love to have this in my home in a big way. Hope you decide to make copies for us to enjoy.

Thanks guys. Once the holidays are over (and I'm out of the newb forum period) I'll start working on pieces to sell.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back